When and Where
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 in room HG E3, which is on the ETH campus. Talks, posters, demonstrations will take place there. The coffee break will be in EO Nord.
Please download the tentative schedule here
09:00 - 09:05 Welcome from the organizers
09:05 - 10:15 Task/grasp frames
10:15 - 10:35 Break with refreshments
10:35 - 12:10 Learning
12:10 - 02:00 Lunch
02:00 - 02:45 Keynote lecture: Rüdiger Dillmann
02:45 - 03:45 Poster/Demo Session (refreshments, 3:20 - 3:40)
- Using Manifolds for Dextrous Hand Control, Jan Steffen, Robert Haschke, Helge Ritter
- Designing Ultra-Low Cost Asymmetric Grippers for Human Tasks, Nikhil Hemnani, Dale Wick, Navdeep Kaur
- Two-Fingered Grasp Planning for Randomized Bin-Picking, Donna Dupuis, Simon Leonard, Matthew Baumann, Elizabeth Croft, Jim Little
- A Natural Language Instruction System for Humanoid Robots Working in Human Environments, Neo Ee Sian
- RobotCub: An Open Framework for Research in Embodied Cognition, Lorenzo Natale
- Demo: DLR Lightweight Robots - Soft Robotics for Manipulation and Interaction with Humans, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Demo: Shadow Dexterous Hand, Armando De La Rosa
03:45 - 05:20 Robust manipulation
05:20 - 05:30 Lightning talks (short talks <= 4 minutes each, sign up during the day, time allotted will depend on demand and review by the organizers)
05:30 - 05:50 The future of robot manipulation
- What are possible and relevant near-term applications?
- What are the engineering and scientific challenges?
05:50 - 06:20 Planning for next year's workshop